The term ‘Modern Slavery’ captures a whole range and types of exploitation, many of which can occur together. These include but are not limited to:
- Sexual Exploitation
- Domestic servitude
- Forced labour
- Criminal exploitation
- Other forms of exploitation include organ removal, forced begging, forced benefit fraud forced marriage and illegal adoption
These risks will be present in a range of service areas providing support to the most at risk children’s and adults.
Modern Day Slavery is a cross cutting issue that extends to both criminal justice and safeguarding and social care services, as well as procurement. A Hampshire Modern Slavery Partnership is driving this agenda across the Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton Safeguarding Partnerships and Hampshire Constabulary.
The following resources support the work of the Modern Slavery Partnership:
- Modern Slavery Partnership Strategy 2020-2023
- Hampshire, Southampton, Portsmouth and Isle of Wight Modern Slavery Victim Pathway
- SHIVA Foundation Modern Slavery Toolkit for Hoteliers
- Modern Slavery Indicator list for Hoteliers
- UK Government Modern Slavery/Human Trafficking National Referral Mechanism forms and assessment
- Beyond the Streets Sex Worker Resources for frontline practitioners
For further information please visit the Modern Slavery Partnership website.